Sunday 19 April 2020

Looks like a shot in the foot, dear boy


AND so it seems indeed. I appear to have managed to forecast a week or two back pretty much exactly what exiting the lockdown looks like and my forecast that I and my ilk may be a long time emerging is correct.
Damn!
Have to admit I am not very happy. This bloody virus has already cost us a month in France – we should have arrived in Audech yesterday! I have not seen my daughters for four weeks. And there is a huge risk my most favourite restaurant – the Maison Bleue – will pay the price like many others.
Damn!
It is also four weeks since someone other than me made my our morning coffee. Or I could get any supplies of salted caramel fudg. Or chat with Lynn (don't panic; Janet listens in).
Damn!
And four weeks since we were able to wander lightly in the streets of Sudbury or lunch at The Lounge!
Damn!
And now, finally it turns out to be true. I actually thought I was maligning Boris Bloody Johnson when I said he was lazy, incompetent and feckless. Now the Sunday Times proves he is all of that and worse. Even the inneffably dreadful Michael Gove admits Boris missed FIVE (FIVE!) Cabinet Office Briefings in Cabinet Office Briefing Room A – otherwise now called COBRA by the dismal MSM.
Damn!
Exactly what sort of 'cabinet' is it when the chief cabinet maker is swanning off somewhere else, I ask you. And a global virus crisis! What did he need to get his bloody interest? After all his goddamned father is in the high risk group! Oh, well, maybe...
Damn!
Now I have little hope of even being able to spend next winter in Andalucia. We missed this year because Janet had to have a major op in December to correct a serious spinal issue that significantly spoiled the whole of 2019 for us. Happily that leg is now fine – it is the other one that troubles her now!
But it makes no damned difference. We shall be incarcerated in this bloody flat for months to come. Oh we might just get to walk out together more often, even visit a shop with a mask on.
But coffee at Spencers or the Barn? Forget it.
Lunch at The Lounge Huh.
A fine dining experience courtesy of Pascal and Karine Canavet at the Maison Bleue? Duh!
And as for resurrecting a month in France for the autumn... but hang on...
Did I hear word of a possible vaccine? Is that September? I cannot believe it really but we are due some better luck...
Damn me if I don't see light at the end of the tunnel...


1 comment:

  1. Just hope the light is not an approaching high speed train. Bon courage Mon brave.

    ReplyDelete